Located on a small hill with a beautiful view at the foot of the hill of
Baepí (The Village), stands the church of Nossa Senhora da Ajuda (The helping
Madonna) inaugurated in 1806.
Its interior is ample with an internal length of 40 and a width of 10 meters.
The floor was made with marble from Spain, Minas Gerais and Santa Catarina.
The ceiling presents an oil painting of the Nossa Senhora da Ajuda and
the stucco-work is an exact reproduction of the former cathedral in São Paulo.
Beside the thirtyfive steps that lead to the entrance are statues of
São Sebastião, São Paulo and São Benedito.